Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Vege Seeds Ordered

Order placed today through Gurneys.com:

Waltham Butternut Winter Squash,
Argonaut Hybrid Butternut Winter Squash,
Table Ace Hybrid Acorn Winter Squash,
(This may be all of the Winter Squash that I will need. I may add another if I see something interesting).

Medley Blend of Hybrids Summer Squash,
Sweeter Yet Hybrid Slicing Cucumber,
Cool Breeze IMP Hybrid Pickling Cucumber,
(If I see an Armenian cucumber, I will add that).

Sweetness III Hybrid Carrot,
Perfected Detroit Beet,
Jerusalem Artichoke- Roots,
(Will add other root crops).

Flavor Sweet Bush Beans,
Improved Golden Wax Bush Beans,
Jade Bush Beans,
(This will be enough 'green beans'. I would like to add some other varieties for dried beans).

Clemson Spineless 80 Okra,
(If I see purple/red Okra, I will add that).

Tabasco Hot Pepper,
(I need other peppers, especially sweet).

Heirloom Rainbow Blend Tomato.
(Will need more tomatoes. This blend of heirloom tomatoes has its pros and cons. A pro is that I get to try a variety of heirlooms for one small price, but...Will I be able to identify the different tomatoes if I want a particular kind again)?

Illinois Vegetable Garden Guide
Pole beans or bush beans - which is right for your garden?

No comments:

Post a Comment