Monday, January 5, 2009

What Do We Eat?

I am trying to think of what we are already in the habit of eating that I haven't listed with foods that I will put by...also what new foods can we add to the garden?

As far as veges, we often eat carrots, lettuce (anything but iceberg), spinach...I would like to try adding things like chard, bok choy and other greens such as beet tops, mustard greens...

We are rarely eating white potatoes now, but maybe I could plant a few for baby potatoes to eat in season.

I haven't grown peas for a few years. I may try it again...but on the other hand; I am ordering all bush beans this year as I really don't want to mess with trellising pole beans right now.

Do I want to add cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and brussel sprouts?

Maybe I will try muskmelons again. I grew Hale's Best one year and they were absolutely the best I had ever had!

I still want a Dwarf Meyer's Lemon and Dwarf Key Lime. I will keep these in pots and overwinter in the house.

Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment