Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Improvement Needed

After all the information that I have been reading regarding genetically modified organisms, I am realizing that I need to do even more.  We have done a pretty good job of eliminating GMO's from our own diet and that of our kitties.  Unfortunately, my chickens and geese are still subjected to GMO corn and soy in the bagged feed that we buy for them.  (well, I must admit that we are getting GMO's second hand through our chicken meat and eggs also.  So even though they are free range, that is not good enough).   We have been buying the feed that does not have the antibiotics as that is the best we can find locally.  It is not organic, though, so most assuredly is genetically modified and thus has the additional problem of having been heavily sprayed with pesticides.   One step at a time.   I have been thinking about buying organic seed and sprouting it for our birds.  There is a feed mill in Arthur where I can order it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment