Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Three Whitetails Feed the Kitties for Nine Weeks

DH and I finished processing his three whitetails today(almost). I think he said there are three more quarters from the last deer to go. After saving the back strap and tenderloins for himself, there are nine weeks worth of ground venison for our five kitties. I need to find all the other tubs that are mixed in with everything else in the other freezer. There is still time for more deer. We usually run out around April or so and the poor babies are forced to eat canned food from the pet store. This makes at least two of them very unhappy, even though I buy what is supposed to be of the highest quality available around here.  

8/7/12 update: I should clarify that we add other things to the raw venison such as kelp meal, organic raw coconut oil, vitamin D3, probiotics, oyster shell and taurine.  We also add other things depending on if the kitties are needing something extra.  I will order Dr. Becker's book, because I know that we still have room for improvement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment