Thursday, May 27, 2010

Strawberries and Tennis

My version of 'Bread and Circuses'... Hey, if our government can keep the common people in 'strawberries and tennis' then everyone's happy, right?  Uh,...right? 

'Wait!  These are my strawberries! What do you mean, 'redistribution of strawberries?  I paid for these when they were just little bare root starts.  I worked the soil and planted them, fertilized, then watered and weeded them regularly, covered them with straw over the winter, and then earlier this spring I rolled out the floating row cover when frost threatened, I patiently waited for an entire year, and then carefully picked each one when it was at exactly the right point of flavorful ripeness!  Wait!, STOP!   I should be able to eat all that I want and to share them with my friends and family!  What do you mean, you are going to take half of my strawberries and give them to the grasshoppers?'

No comments:

Post a Comment